Lean Manufacturing Implementation: Solutia Announces Nylon Industrial Fiber Price Increases
From PR Newswire (press release) ... Aggressive cost reduction efforts over the past 18 months, the implementation of Lean Manufacturing principles
, and stringent use of asset effectiveness ...
Sample Solutia Job Posting includes Lean Manufacturing techniques...
Plastic Products, North American Supply Manager, St. Louis, MO
Major Responsibilities: The Supply Manager is responsible for the Sales and Operations Planning Process for Plastic Products North America; scheduling the Westport facility; and developing/implementing integrated scheduling, material flow, and warehousing strategies.
- Coordinate the Sales and Operations Planning process (S&OP) and actively participate by managing S&OP reports and running monthly S&OP meeting.
- Develop finished good inventory plans consistent with corporate inventory targets.
- Translate demand forecast and inventory plans into the Production Plan.
- Review demand, material availability, and capacity to achieve desired service levels.
- Act as consolidator of WW Supply plan in support of the Executive S&OP
- Develop processes and strategies that successfully disaggregate the production plan into an executable master production schedule.
- Simplify the Master Scheduling process to meet both front-end (Sales) and back-end (Operations) functional requirements without jeopardizing customer service/satisfaction.
- Act as liaison between production, product development, and purchasing to ensure that materials and labor are available to support revenue & inventory plan for new and existing products.
- Maintain working knowledge of latest developments in master scheduling techniques and continually evaluate and change current processes to improve schedule performance.
- Manage the master schedule, production plan, and SAP to effectively and efficiently introduce new products into production and into the supply chain.
- Maintain appropriate master data setting and creation . Includes Material master and Recipes.
- Develop and document lot sizing, inventory management, and warehouse stocking strategies.
- Implement best practices in material flow to better manage the movement of product through the factory.
- Perform work flow analysis and layout optimization to reduce manufacturing and order fulfillment cycle time.
- Utilize process improvement techniques such as lean manufacturing, pull systems, kanban, 5S, process mapping, value stream analysis, and setup reduction.
Qualifications/Competencies: - Bachelors degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Operations Management, Industrial Engineering or other Engineering
- 2+ years experience in production environment.
- Fluent in Microsoft Access and Excel. Strong SAP skills a plus.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with a solid commitment to continuous improvement and the ability to produce positive results.
- Extremely organized, detail oriented and accurate with the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be an independent and creative thinker.
- APICS Certification Preferred
Labels: 5s, apics, job, manufacturing-flow, pull-systems, supply-chain, value-chain